Skip to main content

My journey of becoming an 'Effective Teen'

Self Help for Teens 

"You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend".

Let's face it!
It's hard to find time for yourself, school, hobbies, passions, outdoor activities, chores and much more. Teens these days have so much on their plates to do. And I know that it's hard to make some crucial desicions in life. But luckily I found my compass to navigate my way out. 
        
                        Last year, my cousin gave me this book called - The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens by Sean Covey. 


Whenever I started reading the book, I could never finish it (it is a lengthy book). But I finally finished reading the whole book during this period of lockdown. And I'm really ecstatic after finishing the whole book. So, I thought - Why not share the 7 habits with you guys? Without further ado, let's see what these 7 Habits are and what they are about - 

1. Be Proactive 
Take responsibility for your life.

2. Begin with the end in mind 
Define your missions and goals in life.

3. Put first things first 
Prioritise, and do the most important things first.

4. Think win-win
Have an everyone-can-win attitude.

5. Seek first to understand, then to be understood 
Listen to people sincerely.

6. Synergize
Work together to achieve more.

7. Sharpen the Saw
Renew yourself regularly.


These 7 Habits can help you:
• Get control of your life 
• Improve your relationships with your friends
• Make smarter desicions 
• Overcome self-destructive habits
• Define your values and what matters most to you.
• Get more done in less time 
• Increase your self-confidence
• Be happy
• Find balance between school, work, friends, and everything else

You can even find this book online for free. Given below is the link to the book.  
https://fliphtml5.com/lnym/dbxs/basic

I won't be the only one from this category, but who else like me forgets about a test that has to take place the very next day. When I reach school the following day, everybody seems to be too busy to make eye contact while reading some notes from their notebooks. And then I think, "Shoot! Today is the Biology test. If only I had covered up my homework faster instead of watching T.V., I would've rembered to study the chapter".  But after reading the The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens, I've become particular about my homework and the chapters I have to study on a daily basis. I'm sure this book will help you guys to achieve great feats too. 

Trust me, reading the book is worth giving a shot. It's a lengthy book but you'll be as satisfied as I am at the end. This book has been an aid to me and will be a great guidance for you too. The title caught my eye at the first sight. The introduction of the book is prominent and so is the content. I've loved the book.

If you've found this blog helpful, then please write your views below in the comment box. Your opinions matter.








Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. Please be updated for my next post too.

      Delete
  2. This blog will really help me to survive these teenage years. Thanks a lot!! Waiting for more blogs from your side...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! And it's not that hard! You'll survive 😂 Thanks for the comment and don't forget to read the book..

      Delete
  3. Amazing blog Inayat 👏👏
    Will be waiting for Ur next blog ❣️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really grateful for the motivational words. Will publish my next post soon.

      Delete
  4. Always waiting for another enlightening blog ❤❤
    N thanks a lot for the link of the book 💕💕
    Loved it 😍😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you liked the book ❤ Thanks for reading the post.

      Delete
  5. Thank you all for your support.. Don't forget to follow my blog and share it with others 💕

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought this book a month ago and I found it really captivating. Thanks for the review, Inayat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That's great Sarah. I too found this book really interesting. All the chapters make perfect sense 😀

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Beginner's Guide To Resistance Bands

Resistance bands are the new workout trend in 2020 for the fitness industry. These bands are made up of rubber (latex) and work best for muscle strengthening, rehabilitation and stretching.  Amid the pandemic, people are looking for affordable equipment that is best for home workouts. Whilst using resistance bands, you don't require any heavy weights. That is the best part about them! In this post you'll be learning about the types of resisitance bands, bands from the best brands and their prices, and workouts with resisitance bands for beginners.  What are the main distinct types of resisitance bands?  1. Loop resisitance bands. Loop resisitance bands make your muscles move harder. The loop bands provide stabilization to the body. Thus, along with muscle strength you also gain balance as well. Especially postural balance.  2. Tube resistance bands (may have handles). The basic resistance bands. These pairs of bands are more efficient than any kinds of heavy weights. Light-weig

Why are the Fatmagul series a must watch?

Fatmagul is the most watched series in Turkey. The series was dubbed in Hindi and was first aired in India on the channel Zindagi in 2014. The first few episodes of the series were set in Izmir, Turkey. The captivating plot and and intriguing twists makes the series a definite must watch.   The female lead character of Fatmagul Katenci is played by the beautiful and exceptionally talented actress Beren Saat. The male lead character of Kerim Ilgaz is played by Engin Akyürek. The Plot Fatmagul, a small town girl from Izmir lives with her elder brother Rahmi, sister-in-law Mukaddes, and her nephew Murad. On an unfortunate night, she is assaulted by three men who are under the influence of alcohol and drugs. What happens in the aftermath is some nail-biting drama. Here's the link of the trailer in English. Fatmagul - Trailer (English) The beauty of Turkey The series also portrays some breath-taking locations in Turkey, mainly in Iz

Knowing your Body Type (Are you an Ectomorph, Mesomorph, or Endomorph?)

Fitness goals! Most people definitely have one. Some want to gain weight, some want to lose, and others want to maintain it. And why not? You probably want to look better, you have a desire to look unique and perfect, or you want to lead a longer and higher quality of life.  According to your shape and body structure, you may be categorized as an ectomorph, mesomorph, or an endomorph. These are the 3 principal body types. Your body type is completely based on your genetics. But that doesn't mean that you can't change your body type.  Bringing a little variation in your lifestyle can definitely help you achieve the fitness/weight goals you're trying to reach.  What is your body type?  ↠ Ectomorph. If you're body is thin and lanky with a small bone structure, you fall in this category. Ectomorphs have really fast and high metabolism. Which is why, whatever they eat won't help them gain any weight.          Some examples are Brad Pit